- 16 oz package of little smokies (or small cooked sausages)
- 15 slices bacon, each cut into 3 smaller sections
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper (use more or less according to your tastes)
- Pinch of black pepper
- Half sheet Pan
- Prepare a jelly roll pan (or large baking sheet with a rim) with a layer of aluminum foil, lightly coated with non-stick cooking spray. Set aside. Preheat oven to 350 F degrees.
- Pat sausages dry with a paper towel and wrap each individual sausage with a piece of the cut bacon. Secure with a toothpick.
- Add brown sugar, cayenne and black pepper to a large resealable plastic bag. Use a spoon to combine the sugar with seasonings. Add several bacon wrapped sausages, seal bag and shake gently to coat. Repeat with all remaining sausages.
- Line sugar rubbed sausages on prepared baking sheet and bake 30 -35 minutes, until bacon is browned. For some extra crispness, broil for a couple of minutes after baking.If you’re wanting a little extra flavor boost, consider using some BBQ sauce! It’s only one extra step. After you bake the little smokies, remove the pan from the oven and switch it to broil. Baste the cooked smokies with a little BBQ sauce (whatever flavor you love the most), and broil several minutes, until it’s sticky.