We love everything about fall here at the Shed and it’s no secret we like crafts! How adorable are these pumpkin terracotta pots by Real Housemoms? Learn how to make these cute and practical pots yourself – they are quick and easy to make!
- Terracotta pot and corresponding lid
- Acrylic paint in cream, orange and brown
- Wooden knobs
- Coiled floral wire
- Wire cutters
- Paint brush
- Sand paper
- Paint your terracotta pots and lids with a rough layer of cream paint. You don’t have to make sure there is complete coverage as you’ll be painting over the cream…this is just for layering for later on in the process!
- Once dry, paint your terracotta pots and lids with your orange acrylic paint. You might have to paint a few layers (allowing them to dry in between) to get the coverage you’re looking for.
- While your pots are drying, paint your small wooden knobs with brown acrylic paint and let dry.
- Once lids, pots and knobs are dry, you’ll want to glue your wooden knob in the middle of the “bottom” of the lid. For this craft we’ll be inverting the terracotta lids to act as actual jar lids. Let that glue dry.
- Now comes the fun part! Just like our Distressed Mason Jar Vase, you’re going to want to “rough up” the jar with a little piece of sand paper. I think distressing painted jars always adds fun and character! And because we painted on a cream base first, you’ll see those edges and areas really highlighted.
- Last but not least, once the knob is firmly affixed to the top of the lid, cut a length of coiled floral wire and twist around your finger to add a little curly stem to the top of your jar. I simply wrapped the wire around the knob to hold in place.