Did you know that popcorn is a whole grain and is one of the lower calorie snack foods?
Or that the largest popcorn ball was created in Sac County, Iowa in February of 2009 – it was over 8 feet tall!
While no one really knows how National Popcorn Day got started, there’s lots of fun stuff you can do with popcorn to celebrate.
1. See how many words you can make with the letters in the words WE LOVE POPCORN.
2. Pop a big bowl and add some tasty toppings like cajun, movie theater and more. Click Here to Download our Favorites
3. Make popcorn garlands by stringing the popcorn onto thread with a needle. Hang the garlands around your home for decoration or outside for the birds to eat.
4. Pop popcorn, let it cool and let your kids make popcorn pictures by gluing the kernels to construction paper.
5. Mix popcorn with pretzels, peanuts, dried fruit and M&Ms for a delicious trail mix.
What’s your favorite thing to do with popcorn?