Need some help with your holiday appetizers and desserts? We are giving away an Oodle Tip to one lucky winner. The Oodle Tip can be used to decorate cakes, cupcakes, fill deviled eggs, or stuffed pastas. Share with us what you would use your Oodle Tip for and we will draw one winner at random on Monday, November 18. Find helpful kitchenware items like this at our Machine Shed Gift Shop all year long.
Looking for a delicious way to use your leftover chili? Nothing says comfort food like a bowl of chili mac!
Use your favorite chili recipe, or try the Pork Chili Express recipe in our Fall Harvest eBook.
Macaroni and Cheese Recipe
1 pound pasta
1 1/2 cups 2% milk
2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
2 tablespoons butter
2 cups shredded cheddar
1 cup shredded pepperjack
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
optional toppings: jalapenos and cilantro
1. Cook pasta according to package directions.
2. In a pot melt butter and whisk in flour to create a roux.
3. Add milk once roux has cooked for about 1-2 minutes.
4. Once the milk has heated, turn down the heat and add the cheese, salt, pepper, and garlic powder.
5. Add your cooked noodles to the cheese sauce and mix together.
6. Serve your Mac and Cheese topped with chili and any other additional toppings you would like.
When we think of fall one thing that comes to mind is a great bonfire. What’s better than a great bonfire? A bonfire with Gourmet S’mores! Swap out your chocolate and your graham crackers for a taste bud satisfying combination.
Graham Cracker Substitutes:
Peanut Butter Cookies
Peanut Butter Cup
Gourmet Chocolate Bar ( We reccomend Hammond’s, in flavors like: Red Velvet Cake, Double Truffle, Dark Chocolate Caramel Mocha, and Pigs and Tater. You can find these and more at the Machine Shed)
What will your Gourmet S’mores combination be?
Fall is a great time to incorporate pumpkin flavors into all of your favorite dishes. You have to try this Banana Pumpkin Bread, the combination of flavors is delicious!
Banana Pumpkin Bread Ingredients
2 ripe bananas
3/4 cup sugar
2 Tbsp. vegetable oil
3 tsp vanilla
2 tsp cinnamon
1 3/4 cups flour
1 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees
2. Mash the bananas, pumpkin, sugar, oil, eggs, vanilla, and cinnamon in a large bowl.
2. Add the flour, baking soda, and salt, stir until combined.
3. Pour into an oiled or buttered loaf pan and cook for 50 minutes.
4. Enjoy on it’s own, or topped with cinnamon butter.
What are your favorite ways to use pumpkin in the Fall?
One of our loyal blog readers asked us to share our recipe for our Machine Shed baked potato soup. Click on the picture and you will be redirected to our website with the full recipe. Perfect for this fall weather, enjoy!