Looking for a pasta that won’t leave you feeling weighed down in this summer heat? Try this Shrimp Summer Pasta, full of veggies and made with a white wine reduction sauce. It’s simpler than it sounds!
3 tablespoons olive oil
4 cloves garlic, chopped
1/2 cup artichoke hearts
1/2 cup cherry tomatoes, sliced
1/2 cup sliced mushrooms
1/2 cup leeks, sliced
1 cup arugula
1/2 cup basil
1 cup pancetta, diced
12 shrimp, peeled and deveined
1 1/2 cups white wine
1/2 cup parmesan cheese
1/2 package of spaghetti or bucatini
Salt and Pepper for seasoning
2. While pasta is cooking heat the olive oil in a large skillet. Add the pancetta and cook until lightly browned. Add the veggies 3 cloves of the garlic.
3. When the veggies are softened, turn the heat to high and add the white wine. Let the wine reduce slightly and turn the heat down to medium low.
4. In a separate skillet, heat olive oil and add garlic and shrimp. sauté until cooked and set aside.
5. Add the pasta and 1/4 cup pasta water to the veggies mixture when pasta is almost cooked. Season with salt and pepper. Finish cooking in the wine and pasta water on medium heat for 3 minutes.
6. Add the shrimp, arugula, and basil and remove from heat. Let rest for a few minutes until sauce has thickened.
7. Top with parmesan cheese and serve!
Note: If sauce seems to thin, simply heat it longer to reduce.
Stay tuned, our first edition of the Cookbook Club starts next week! Pick up your copy of the cookbook and cook along with us each week. Make sure to share your pictures and comments!
Did you know The Machine Shed was on Pinterest? Follow this link for great 4th of July ideas and pins!
▪Prep time: 10 mins
▪Cook time: 20 mins
▪Total time: 30 mins
▪Created by: Pam Bolin, Beaver Creek Farm, Clarksville, IA
▪3 tablespoons butter
▪½ (13.25 ounce) package whole-wheat shell or elbow macaroni, uncooked
▪½ cup chopped onion (about ½ medium onion)
▪¼ teaspoon salt
▪¼ teaspoon pepper
▪2 cups water
▪1½ tablespoons flour
▪¾ cup lowfat milk
▪2 cups reduced-fat shredded Colby Jack cheese 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
In a large skillet, melt butter over medium heat. Add macaroni, onion, salt and pepper; cook for 5 minutes, stirring often. Add water, turn up heat and bring to boil. Cover and reduce to medium heat for 6-8 minutes or until macaroni is cooked. Stir in flour and milk. Add cheese, stirring until melted and well mixed, about 2-3 minutes. Remove from heat, sprinkle with parsley and serve.