We love everything about fall here at the Shed and it’s no secret we like crafts! How adorable are these pumpkin terracotta pots by Real Housemoms? Learn how to make these cute and practical pots yourself – they are quick and easy to make!
- Terracotta pot and corresponding lid
- Acrylic paint in cream, orange and brown
- Wooden knobs
- Coiled floral wire
- Wire cutters
- Paint brush
- Sand paper
- Paint your terracotta pots and lids with a rough layer of cream paint. You don’t have to make sure there is complete coverage as you’ll be painting over the cream…this is just for layering for later on in the process!
- Once dry, paint your terracotta pots and lids with your orange acrylic paint. You might have to paint a few layers (allowing them to dry in between) to get the coverage you’re looking for.
- While your pots are drying, paint your small wooden knobs with brown acrylic paint and let dry.
- Once lids, pots and knobs are dry, you’ll want to glue your wooden knob in the middle of the “bottom” of the lid. For this craft we’ll be inverting the terracotta lids to act as actual jar lids. Let that glue dry.
- Now comes the fun part! Just like our Distressed Mason Jar Vase, you’re going to want to “rough up” the jar with a little piece of sand paper. I think distressing painted jars always adds fun and character! And because we painted on a cream base first, you’ll see those edges and areas really highlighted.
- Last but not least, once the knob is firmly affixed to the top of the lid, cut a length of coiled floral wire and twist around your finger to add a little curly stem to the top of your jar. I simply wrapped the wire around the knob to hold in place.
Fall is officially here which means our Halloween décor is now for sale in the Machine Shed Gift Shop! Come get these SPOOKTACULAR finds from Primitives By Kathy, Melrose International and Transpac Imports to help decorate your home for this fang-tastic...read more
Football season is right around the corner - and we found some simple, yet delicious recipes for you to try to serve up at your tailgate or football party! This tasty Jalapeno Popper Football Cheese Ball from Peas & Crayons will become...read more
Give your décor a stylish high-end look without paying the high-end price! These cute DIY framed lanterns are easy and cheap to make - and will be a good addition to your home! What you will need: Four 5×7 picture frames Glue gun Glue Spray paint...read more
The Machine Shed is known for not only great food, but also our great products in our gift shop! If you haven't visited the store lately, we have great new products from Santa Barbara Design Studio. Stop in today to pick up your "think global, drink local" growler or...read more
Shake up your summer with our new Shed apparel! If you haven't got yours already, stop in to any of our Machine Shed Gift Shops - there are men's and women's sizes available!read more
It's that time of year again - we will be at the Wisconsin State Fair! The fair starts tomorrow and will run until August 13th in Milwaukee, Wisconsin. We will be serving your Machine Shed favorites with a fair twist! This year the Machine Shed is serving up Bacon...read more
The Machine Shed is featuring a new sweet treat at the Mississippi Valley State Fair this year - Maple Frosted Candied Bacon Donuts! You won't be able to get enough of these delicious donuts, which are drizzled with a maple glaze and bacon pieces. These tasty treats...read more
The Machine Shed is on the road again this summer and you can find us at EAA's AirVenture in Oshkosh, Wisconsin! We will be showcasing our homemade signature breakfast items including the Shed’s Famous Cinnamon Rolls, or you can try our chicken fajita bratwurst or...read more
It's that time of year for family vacations and road trips - and the Machine Shed Gift Shop has just what you need to keep the kids occupied! The gift shop carries anything from lighted spinners by fidZwidZ to "Thinking Putty" by Crazy Aaron's. Make the Machine Shed...read more
Our Bacon Bloody Mary is a staple here at the Machine Shed and we want to give you the tools for you to make your own at home! We are now carrying our own signature line of pickled foods, which would be a perfect addition to your Bacon Bloody Mary! [video width="1920"...read more