Pinterest is the catalog of ideas of all things good. It quite possibly could be everyone’s best friend when it comes to finding recipes, ideas for decorating, DIY projects… you name it and it’s there. However, if you are anything less than perfect like the rest of us, you might have not mastered the directions on the how to’s or the tutorials. Here are some Pinterest fails that we have done ourselves – and some others we found on Pinterest that were just too funny not to share!
Miniature Caramel Apples:
It’s National Soup Month and nothing beats the cold weather quite like a bowl of hot soup. This Beefy Nacho Soup will become one of your family favorites – it’s quick, easy and delicious!
1 pound lean ground beef
1 can tomatoes and green chilies
1 can nacho cheese soup, condensed
1 tablespoon taco seasoning
1 1/2 cups milk
1/4 cup sharp cheddar cheese
1/2 cup corn chips
- Cook the ground beef over medium to high heat for 5 to 7 minutes. Stir occasionally until the meat is thoroughly cooked, then drain the grease.
- Add the cooked meat to a 2-quart sauce pan, then stir in remaining ingredients except for the shredded cheese and corn chips. Making sure to stir frequently, cook on medium high for 8 to 12 minutes or until it is thoroughly heated.
- Top individual servings with shredded cheese and corn chips. Makes 4 servings.
This time of year is exciting to have the opportunity to start new beginnings, focus on bettering yourself and to make your New Year resolutions. The problem can be that sticking with your resolutions all year long can be difficult. A few things that can keep you on track is to set realistic goals, share your resolutions with yours and focus on the benefits of achieving your resolutions. We came up with a list of 27 New Years resolutions to do in 2017 to use as your own – or to help you with creating your own!
- Give up bad habits
- Spend more time with family
- Get organized
- Help others
- Exercise and eat more of a healthy diet
- Learn a new skill
- Get out of debt
- Enjoy life
- Be positive and surround yourself with positive people
- Rise above the little things
- Less planning, more doing
- Show more gratitude
- Pick up a new hobby
- Hate less, love more
- Listen more instead of giving your opinion
- Be honest with yourself and others
- Volunteer and give more to charity
- Take time for self care
- Spend more time outside
- Stop procrastinating
- Become more active
- Learn to let go of grudges
- Meet new people
- Reduce stress
- Get more quality sleep
- Be on time
- Do acts of kindness daily
If you aren’t sure what food to serve for your holiday party this New Year’s Eve – make it a ‘Tito’s party! Have all of your favorite chips – Tostitos, Doritos, Fritos, and Cheetos – and of course the dip! Here is a yummy dip from allrecipes that will be sure to satisfy your taste buds – the World’s Best Cream Cheese and Pineapple Dip! For other great tips on how to throw a New Years Eve party your guests won’t forget, check out our Machine Shed Pinterest board!
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups crushed pineapple, drained with juice reserved
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 2 gloves garlic, peeled and crushed
- In a medium bowl. Mix together cream cheese, crushed pineapple, onion powder and garlic. Mix in reserved juice from pineapple as desired. Chill in the refrigerator until serving.
Christmas is right around the corner and if you are like the rest of us, you might not have your Christmas list checked off yet. We want to help make it a little easier for you by providing some great stocking stuffer idea’s from the Jenny Evolution – you will be sure to find something for everyone off of this! If you are looking for other thoughtful ideas, make sure to take a look at our Machine Shed Pinterest board!