Congratulations Jamie Steagall, you are the winner of our CakeBox Giveaway!
Please contact Katelyn Dunne at firstname.lastname@example.org by 2/16/16 to claim your CakeBox!
Not a winner? Don’t worry you can still get your CakeBox or PieBox in our Machine Shed Restaurant Gift Shops!
Looking for a new carrier for your homemade (or store bought) cakes and cupcakes? Well, we’ve found the perfect product for you! As one of our newest additions to The Machine Shed Gift Shop, CakeBox reusable wooden cake and cupcake carrier is a must-have for everyone. Whether you’re driving, biking, taking the bus or even just walking, CakeBox will keep your precious cakes safe and intact. Accommodates most 10″ cake plates and Handcrafted in the USA!
Buy yours today at The Machine Shed Gift Shop or WIN one by commenting on this post what you would use your CakeBox for! Winner will be chosen Tuesday, February 2nd.
At the Machine Shed we may be known for our beef and pork dishes, but we still love seafood – especially our fish fry every Friday night! We wanted to share one of our fish recipes with you. Click here for our Baked Walleye Recipe. Don’t forget to review the recipe after making it on www.machineshed.com/shed-recipes/.
With the lingering winter weather what is better than a heaping bowl of homemade chowder? In true Machine Shed fashion we gave the traditional chowder recipe a twist by adding pork! Try our Cheddar Ham Chowder Recipe here!
Healthy lunch options can get pretty boring and new ideas are often hard to think of, spice up your lunch hour with this pulled pork salad!
- 8 oz. cooked pulled pork (warm or room temperature)
- 3 Tbs. rice vinegar
- 1½ Tbs. canola oil, or other neutral-flavored oil
- 2 Tbs. brown sugar, light
- 1 tsp. ground ginger
- 1⁄8 tsp. ground allspice
- Salt and pepper
- 5 oz. mixed salad greens (10 cups lightly packed)
- 1 large peach, pitted and thinly sliced
- ½ cup red onion, halved and thinly sliced
- ½ cup fresh cilantro, coarsely chopped
- 2 Tbs. almonds, sliced and toasted
- In a small bowl, whisk together the vinegar, oil, brown sugar, ginger, and allspice. Season with salt and pepper and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the greens, peach, onion, and cilantro. Add some of the dressing and toss. Arrange the salad on a platter or plates and top with the pork. Drizzle some of the remaining dressing over the pork, top with the almonds, and serve.
Recipe Courtesy of The Iowa Food & Family Project.